Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Heart Sarah Richardson

Ok, I just need to talk about how much I love Sarah Richardson, the Canadian designer. I first heard of her a few years ago when I came across the show Design Inc., which follows her and her team (including her sassy design partner, Tommy) from the beginning to the end of a project that her firm takes on. This year HGTV has been airing Sarah’s House (and its sequels) here in the U.S., where she buys a house, guts it, and then renovates and designs it. I am mesmerized by the show whenever I happen to catch it.

I love how she mixes contemporary with vintage; color and pattern; and affordable, chain-store furniture and accessories with one-of-a-kind, custom pieces (e.g., I believe the duvet, above, is from Pottery Barn). Her designs are well put together, yet accessible.


My dream home would be something designed by her—top to bottom, inside and out. (Well, I'd want a little input.) I love almost everything she does.


The curtains in this nursery are from Ikea. We have the same ones in our house in our family/play room!


[All images are from www.sarahrichardsondesign.com.]

2 comments:

rikki said...

This is crazy... I just saw her decorate this nursery on TV the other day! I LOVE the alphabet along the top... I'm totally stealing that idea!

Michelle Volpe-Kohler said...

Very cool! I love the alphabet thing, too! I could totally see that in H's room :)