Monday, May 24, 2010

Washington, DC DiggersList

A friend recently sent me a link to the Washington, DC DiggersList, which is kind of like a craigslist for homeowners and contractors. You can find listings for used appliances, building materials and tools, as well as listings for contractors and designers. In addition to DC, it's in about 16 other markets, and one of the goals of the founders is to keep as many building materials as possible out of landfills.

It's new, so there isn't that much up yet, but I think it could be a really helpful resource. I hope it takes off.

Update: Thanks for the shout-out, DCBlogs! (In DC Blogs Noted 5/25/10.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow. It's funny how word gets around! I was forwarded a link to DiggersList about a month ago. I found this amazing fireplace mantle and just love it. DiggersList is now kind of a hobby for me...I can go "virtual antiquing" from my own home! BTW...last time I checked they're now in 30 cities. Thanks for the post!

Michelle Volpe-Kohler said...

Very cool! How promising that you were able to find something like that. I'm going to have to make it a habit to check it frequently. It's probably easier now to snag good finds, before it's really well known.