Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Even Better 'Best Cocoa Brownies'

This chilly weather has put my cravings for comfort food into overdrive. After not baking for months, Ive baked twice in the last week. On Sunday, I made Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies. But this time, in addition to toasted pecans, I added a little bit more kosher salt than the ¼ teaspoon the recipe calls for and stirred in a handful of chocolate chips right before I put the pan in the oven.

O-M-G, they tasted so good I thought I might cry. Each bite was a little piece of sweet + salty-chocolaty heaven. The other night, I let our 2-year-old try a little piece. He usually eats like a bird, even when it comes to sweets. But he downed that brownie so fast and asked for more (choc-o-lit? choc-o-lit?) before I could even cut myself a piece.

Theyre long gone now, but I'm still craving them. I might have to make another batch this weekend.

No comments: